Neko’s Top Reasons to Love this Hike:
1) This hike starts at either the Red Rocks side of the Eben G. Fine park, (Canyon and Pearl intersection in Boulder) or at the Centennial Trail head lot on Mapleton. It is a total of 4.4 miles round trip from the Eben G. Fine parking lot. Access to the red rocks and surrounding trail can make this hike as long or short as you want.
2) Views of Boulder Canyon, downtown Boulder, CU campus, and north Boulder.
3) A canopy of trees in parts, to keep you cool, some overlooks to catch a breeze, not as crowded as some of the more popular hikes.
4) There is a creek at the bottom to get your toes wet or sneak a sip of water on a hot day.
5) My human always says the wildflowers are pretty, I just think they smell great.
Round Trip Length: up to and beyond 4.4 Miles
Elevation gain: 977 ft.
Skill Level: Moderate
Pet Regulations: Dogs off leash, if they participate in the Voice and Sight program
Weather: All season, may need poles or shoes if icy.
Bikes and horses: No
Bathrooms: Not at Eben G. Fine parking lot, yes at CentennialParking lot.
Picnic Tables: Yes
Or Mapleton west of Mt. Sanitas at the Centennial Trailhead, map here.